Intake 2023: Application deadline expired
It is past the deadline for the intake 2023. We do not accept applications anymore.
Applications for the programme starting in April 2024 will be possible from 15 May 2023.
Table of contents
- 31 August 2023 with DAAD scholarship
- 30 September 2023 without scholarship.
Please note that only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Fill out the application form [PDF]. It opens reliably on Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat as well as Foxit Reader. If PDFs open in your browser on default, please download the file to your computer first and only then and open it using Adobe software or Foxit Reader.
- Make sure you fulfill the admission requirements.
- Prepare electronic copies of the necessary supporting documents and complete the MIDE Application Form. To send the form including the attachments, please save the form and send it as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The envelope in the upper left corner of the Online Application Form does NOT submit the application.
- Letters of reference and proof of professional experienceare only required if you apply for the DAAD scholarship.
Attached to the MIDE application form, you must submit an electronic version of
- a letter of motivation (max. two pages long), dated and signed by you
- transcript of records (including CGPA) and degree certificate (s) (official translations into English or German must be provided)
- an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (which is usually already part your transcript and/or the Diploma Supplement). Should this not be the case, please provide a short explanation prepared by you that contains information on the highest possible grade as well as the minimum passing grade.
- CV (Europass format), dated and personally signed by you
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate that includes the date of graduation from Secondary School.
Certified hardcopies of university documents not required at the time of application
Applicants do not have to submit certified hardcopies of their university documents at the time of the application. The electronic copies submitted will be sufficient to process the application for MIDE and, if applicable, for the DAAD scholarship.
Only applicants who receive admission to the programme and accept the study place, will be required to submit the certified hardcopies of the required university documents with the acceptance of the study place and the signed study contract.
If you come from a developing country and have obtained at least two years of professional experience since graduation, you can apply for a scholarship granted by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
Admissions evaluation criteria
Admission to the programme is based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average (40%)
- Number of economics courses taken (25%)
- Letter of motivation (35%)
Please note that only complete applications accompanied by all of the necessary supporting documentation will be considered. Please attach only ONE copy of the documents in a pdf. or jpeg. form (no doc. or docx. form will be accepted!). Please name each attachment according to its content (e.g. motivation letter, CV, passport) and make sure to compile documents belonging together into one pdf file (e.g. merge the pages of your university transcript into one pdf file).