Applications for April 2024 are not possible anymore
Applications for the programme starting in April 2025 will be possible from 01 July 2024. Applications for April 2024 cannot be accepted anymore.
Applications have to be submitted directly to the programme. From 1 July 2024 until 30 September 2024, the online application form will be available on this webpage.
Table of contents
- 31 August 2024 with DAAD scholarship
- 30 September 2024 without scholarship.
Please note that only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Make sure you fulfill the admission requirements.
- Prepare electronic copies of the necessary supporting documents and complete the MIDE application form. The form will be available on this webpage between 01 July and 30 September 2024.
- Letters of recommendation and proof of professional experienceare only required if you apply for the DAAD scholarship.
- Academic Letters of Reference are not required at all.
Attached to the MIDE application form, you must submit an electronic version of
- a letter of motivation (max. two pages long), dated and signed by you
- transcript of records (including CGPA) and degree certificate (s) (official translations into English or German must be provided)
- an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (which is usually already part your transcript and/or the Diploma Supplement). Should this not be the case, please provide a short explanation prepared by you that contains information on the highest possible grade as well as the minimum passing grade.
- CV (Europass format), dated and personally signed by you
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate that includes the date of graduation from Secondary School.
Certified hardcopies of university documents not required at the time of application
Applicants do not have to submit certified hardcopies of their university documents at the time of the application. The electronic copies submitted will be sufficient to process the application for MIDE and, if applicable, for the DAAD scholarship.
Only applicants who receive admission to the programme and accept the study place, will be required to submit the certified hardcopies of the required university documents with the acceptance of the study place and the signed study contract.
If you come from a developing country and have obtained at least two years of professional experience since graduation, you can apply for a scholarship granted by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
Admissions evaluation criteria
Admission to the programme is based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average (40%)
- Number of economics courses taken (25%)
- Letter of motivation (35%)