Table of contents
The application deadline for the following year’s intake in April is 30 September. Applications will be accepted from March each year. Please note that only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Make sure you fulfill the admission requirements.
- Prepare electronic copies of the necessary supporting documents and complete the MIDE Application Form. To send the form including the attachments, please click on the envelope image in left upper corner of the pdf form. Please note that upon successful submission of the application form, you will automatically receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. If this is not the case, then please save the form and send it as an attachment by email to email@example.com.
- Send the Form for Reference Letter to your referees asking them to complete the form and to return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Exception: If you already have references available, please attach these to the MIDE application form. These must be dated, recent, come on official letterhead and be stamped and signed by the referee.
- Have your transcript(s) and degree certificate(s) certified as true copies of the original and send these until 30 September (date of receipt) as hardcopies to
Due to the high number of applications, we cannot confirm the receipt of your documents. Please use the postal tracking service.
What is a certified official copy?
Make a copy of the original document and take both versions (copy and original) to your university OR a notary public OR the German Embassy OR any other person/institution authorised to legalise documents and have the copy certified as a true copy of the original. You keep the original and send us the attested hard copy by post. A copy of the certified copy or a scanned version is never a legalised document and not sufficient for your application to be considered for the programme.
Admissions evaluation criteria
Admission to the programme is based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average (40%)
- Number of economics courses taken (25%)
- Letter of motivation (35%)
Please note that only complete applications accompanied by all of the necessary supporting documentation will be considered. Please attach only ONE copy of the documents in a pdf. or jpeg. form (no doc. or docx. form will be accepted!). Please name each attachment according to its content (e.g. motivation letter, CV, passport). Please do not include unsolicited documents such as secondary school certificates, certificates of training, etc. Applications received via fax will not be considered. Applicants who do not submit the certified copies of their university degree certificate and grade transcript by 30 September cannot be considered for admission.