Table of contents
- 31 August 2020 with DAAD scholarship
- 30 September 2020 without scholarship.
Please note that only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Make sure you fulfill the admission requirements.
- Prepare electronic copies of the necessary supporting documents and complete the MIDE Application Form. To send the form including the attachments, please save the form and send it as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The envelope in the upper left corner of the Online Application Form does NOT submit the application.
- Letters of reference are only required if you apply for the DAAD scholarship.
- Have your transcript(s) and degree certificate(s) certified as true copies of the original and send these until 30 September - date of receipt at HTW Berlin - as hardcopies to HTW Berlin.
Attached to the MIDE application form, you must submit an electronic version of
- a letter of motivation (max. one page long), dated and signed by you
- transcript of records (including CGPA) and degree certificate (s) (official translations into English or German must be provided)
- an explanation of the grading system at your previous university (which is usually already part your transcript and/or the Diploma Supplement). Should this not be the case, please provide a short explanation prepared by you that contains information on the highest possible grade as well as the minimum passing grade.
- CV (Europass format), dated and personally signed by you
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- A two page summary of your undergraduate/postgraduate thesis (only if you have been required to write a thesis during your previous studies; please refrain from sending substitute documents if you have not been required to write a thesis so far)
In addition, please send certified hard copies of your degree certificate and transcript of records (please attach only one copy) by post by 30 September (date of receipt at the university) to:
Due to the high number of applications, we cannot confirm the receipt of your documents. Please use the postal tracking service.
If you come from a developing country and have obtained at least two years of professional experience since graduation, you can apply for a scholarship granted by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).
What is a certified official copy?
Make a copy of the original document and take both versions (copy and original) to your university OR a notary public OR the German Embassy OR any other person/institution authorised to legalise documents and have the copy certified as a true copy of the original. You keep the original and send us the attested hard copy by post. A copy of the certified copy or a scanned version is never a legalised document and not sufficient for your application to be considered for the programme.
Admissions evaluation criteria
Admission to the programme is based on the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average (40%)
- Number of economics courses taken (25%)
- Letter of motivation (35%)
Please note that only complete applications accompanied by all of the necessary supporting documentation will be considered. Please attach only ONE copy of the documents in a pdf. or jpeg. form (no doc. or docx. form will be accepted!). Please name each attachment according to its content (e.g. motivation letter, CV, passport). Applicants who do not submit the certified copies of their university degree certificate and grade transcript by the deadline cannot be considered for admission.