Table of contents
Applicants with a degree from non-European universities
A first university degree with 180 ECTS (or equivalent) with at least 12 classes in Economics and Business Administration, with a minimum of 3 classes in Economics. The admissions committee will make the final assessment regarding equivalence for degrees and classes from abroad.
If the degree is equivalent to a three-year German Bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, applicants are required to either provide at least 6 months of professional employment or training since graduation or obtain 30 ECTS while studying MIDE. This would prolong the degree by approx. one semester.
Applicats with an undergraduate degree equivalent to 210 ECTS (3.5 or more years of undergraduate studies in Germany) can get an unconditional admission.
To determine whether a degree qualifies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Scans of all academic transcripts (official list of courses attended and grades obtained), either in English or German, must be attached to the inquiry.
Documents from Pakistan must carry the HEC attestation stamp.
We regret that three-year Bachelor’s degrees obtained in Nepal and Bhutan are not regarded as equivalent to a three-year German Bachelor’s degree by our institution. Undergraduate degrees from Mongolia, Myanmar and Somalia are also not considered equivalent to a German university degree.
Applicants with a European undergraduate degree
A total of 210 ECTS or the equivalent is required. Applicants with only 180 ECTS are also eligible. However, they are required to either provide at least 6 months of professional employment or training since graduation or obtain the remaining 30 ECTS while studying MIDE. This would prolong the degree by approx. one semester.
A minimum of 60 ECTS are required in Economics and Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS must be in Economics.
Proof of English language proficiency
Applicants who have obtained their university degree with English being the language of instruction must submit official proof, i.e. confirmation from the university. Exception: Applicants who have obtained their university degree in a country where English is the official language do not have to submit additional proof.
All other applicants must submit proof of their profiency in English as listed below. Test results must not be older than two years:
- TOEFL (Institutional TOEFL is not accepted): paper-based: 580 points; computer-based: 237 points; internet-based: 96 points
- IELTS grade 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), all levels
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), all levels
- BEC Higher (Business English Certificate)
- TOEIC 800 points or higher.
- All tests confirming that the level of proficiency in English complies with the level C 1 or C 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- As an exception during the COVID-19 pandemic, MIDE will also accept TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and IELTS Indicator.
- The Institutional/General TOEFL, FCE, BEC Preliminary and BEC Vantage will NOT be accepted.