Table of contents
Applicants with a European undergraduate degree
A total of 210 ECTS or the equivalent is required. Applicants with only 180 ECTS are also eligible. However, they are required to either provide at least one year of professional employment or training since graduation or obtain the remaining 30 ECTS while studying MIDE. This would prolong the degree by approx. one semester.
A minimum of 60 ECTS are required in Economics and Business Administration, of which at least 15 ECTS must be in Economics.
Applicants with a degree from non-European universities
The undergraduate degree must be at least equivalent to a three-year German Bachelor’s degree. To determine whether a degree qualifies, please contact email@example.com. Scans of all academic transcripts, either in English or German, must be attached to the enquiry. We regret that three-year Bachelor’s degrees obtained in India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bhutan are not regarded as equivalent to a three-year German Bachelor’s degree by our institution.
At least 12 courses are required in Economics and Business Administration, with a minimum of 3 courses in Economics. These courses must result in the equivalent number of ECTS credit points as mentioned above. The admissions committee will make the final assessment regarding equivalence.
Proof of English language proficiency
- TOEFL (Institutional TOEFL is not accepted): paper-based: 580 points; computer-based: 237 points; internet-based: 96 points
- IELTS grade 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), all levels
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), all levels
- BEC Higher (Business English Certificate)
- TOEIC 800 points or higher.
- All tests confirming that the level of proficiency in English complies with the level C 1 or C 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Native speakers of English only from the OECD-country members are not required to provide proof of their English language ability.
- If English was the official language of instruction of the applicant's first degree, please provide official proof.
- The Institutional/ General TOEFL, FCE, BEC Preliminary and BEC Vantage will NOT be accepted.