Table of contents
Practice-oriented training to meet challenging professional environments
While useful for a number of different career paths, the programme is geared towards preparing students for roles in organisations focusing on development and international economics. Those seeking to establish or advance their careers in the context of newly industrialised and developing countries stand to gain substantial benefits from MIDE. Our graduates are particularly well suited for positions in government departments, banks, consultancies, multinational firms, chambers of commerce, universities and other educational institutions.
With accreditation as a Master's degree programme by ACQUIN (Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute), the MIDE programme also provides students with the postgraduate credentials needed to pursue PhD opportunities.
Occupational outlook – positions held by MIDE alumni
- Bank Examiner, Central Bank of Zambia
- Country Officer, KfW Development Bank, Uzbekistan
- Democratic Governance, Rule of Law, Human Rights, Freedom House, South Africa
- Director of Planning and Industrial Studies department at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Oman
- Europe Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vietnam
- Finance Trade Policy and Plan Execution Supervision, State Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Ethiopia
- Government Official, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Indonesia
- Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency, Guatemala
- Policy Analyst in the Trade and Human Development Unit in UNDP, Switzerland
- Program Director, Americas Relief Team, USA
- Project Manager of GTZ German Public Sector Clients, Germany